Who is Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson?
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson – is the actor and most of them are retired professional wrestler, has a rich history, of which it represents its proximity to tattoos. His most popular tattoos in the chest and arms. “The story of my (chest and arm) tattoos is a very elaborate story”, Johnson once said during an interview, “It represents all the things that are important to me, that I love and that I’m passionate about“. Let’s take a look to Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Tattoos.
Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Tattoos meaning
There are 3 things: family, protecting his family and having an aggressive warrior spirit. It would be difficult to write into words, meaning of tattoo as a whole.
We divided the ink complex into fragments, explaining the uniqueness of their values:
- Warrior Spirit – The tattoo on his chest represents the “warrior spirit” which helps him to overcome obstacles. This is why he has it made over his heart.
- Family – “This isa/ga fa’atasi (three people in one), that’s me with my arms open. As it continues on my chest, it connects to my o lo’u to’a/ua (my wife, Dany) and my o lo’u afafine (my daughter, Simone Alexandra)”, Dwayne said.
- Sun – The sun behind his coconut leaves represents good fortune.
- Coconut Leaves – The coconut leaves on his collarbone represent Samoan chief-warrior.
- Priest – or the spiritual guide helps the warrior to attain his supernatural powers and enlightenment.
- Stones of achievement and abundance are inked around his bicep. The Rock says, “they’re the foundation of my life and symbols of my dedication. They bring the right to stand and speak with honour as a Tula Fale—a high talking chief—and they maintain mana or supernatural power.”
- Tortoise Shell – The lower part of The Rock’s left arm tattoo is a tortoise shell design. Warriors used these as shields for protection from evil spirits
- Broken Face – marked by shark teeth represents his soul protector and his struggles throughout his life. It is also a symbol of strength
- The two eyes called o mata e lua represents his ancestors and who he believes to be watching over his path.
- Descending swirls around The Rock’s left shoulder represent past, present and future. The pattern furthers under his arm, where its meaning is write. It says, “It changes in the place are it is find to go.”
- The Great Eye is suppose to let the person who have ink it, possess the spirit of his or her enemy. This symbol use as a distraction in times of confrontation
Evolution of the bull
After 3 sessions and 22hrs of tattooing with world-renown Nikko Hurtado, the story’s almost done”, say Dwayne, who has now get his bull tattoo transform into a new one. Every detail in this ink is a reflection of his own personal history